The most sensitive fully automated Procalcitonin (PCT) test
Immunoreaction cartridges for in vitro diagnostic (IVD) use with a two-step sandwich immunoassay method on the LUMIPULSE G system for the quantitative determination of procalcitonin (PCT) in human serum and plasma. The assay utilises proven CLEIA (chemiluminescent enzyme immunoassay) technology with results that are available in up to 35 minutes.
Lumipulse G B•R•A•H•M•S PCT Immunoreaction Cartridges:
- Art. no. 297902 (3 × 14 Tests - CE) - Please contact your local Fujirebio representative for the availability of this product in your country.
Lumipulse G B•R•A•H•M•S PCT Calibrators:
- Art. no. 234150 (2 × 2 Concentrations - CE) - Please contact your local Fujirebio representative for the availability of this product in your country.
Lumipulse B•R•A•H•M•S PCT Controls:
- Art. no. 234167 (2 control levels - 6 x 1 ml) - Please contact your local Fujirebio representative for the availability of this product in your country.
CLEIA - Chemiluminescent Enzyme Immunoassay
Test principle: Two-Step sandwich assay
Procalcitonin (PCT) is a biomarker used for the diagnosis of bacterial infection and sepsis. The use of PCT has increased in clinical practice for improved patient management, in a variety of settings including primary care, emergency room (ER) and intensive care units (ICU).
PCT has advantages over other biomarkers for sepsis, such as C-Reactive Protein (CRP) and white blood cell count:
- Specificity for bacterial infection (versus inflammation in general).
- Rapidity of rise after an insult (6 hrs).
- Rapid decline on infection with immune control (half-life of 24 hrs).
- Excellent correlation with severity of illness.
See the LUMIPULSE G1200 working in this video:
Reagent developed in collaboration with B•R•A•H•M•S GmbH.
B•R•A•H•M•S PCT is a registered trademark of B•R•A•H•M•S GmbH.
These resources are either available in free access or for users holding a Premium eServices account: