The most sensitive fully automated Procalcitonin (PCT) test
Immunoreaction cartridges for in vitro diagnostic (IVD) use with a two-step sandwich immunoassay method on the LUMIPULSE G system for the quantitative determination of procalcitonin (PCT) in human serum and plasma. The assay utilises proven CLEIA (chemiluminescent enzyme immunoassay) technology with results that are available in up to 35 minutes.
Lumipulse G B•R•A•H•M•S PCT Immunoreaction Cartridges:
- Art. no. 297902 (3 × 14 Tests - CE) - This product is not available in the USA and in Canada.
Lumipulse G B•R•A•H•M•S PCT Calibrators:
- Art. no. 234150 (2 × 2 Concentrations - CE) - This product is not available in the USA and in Canada.
Lumipulse B•R•A•H•M•S PCT Controls:
- Art. no. 234167 (2 control levels - 6 x 1 ml) - This product is not available in the USA and in Canada.
CLEIA - Chemiluminescent Enzyme Immunoassay
Test principle: Two-Step sandwich assay
Procalcitonin (PCT) is a biomarker used for the diagnosis of bacterial infection and sepsis. The use of PCT has increased in clinical practice for improved patient management, in a variety of settings including primary care, emergency room (ER) and intensive care units (ICU).
PCT has advantages over other biomarkers for sepsis, such as C-Reactive Protein (CRP) and white blood cell count:
- Specificity for bacterial infection (versus inflammation in general).
- Rapidity of rise after an insult (6 hrs).
- Rapid decline on infection with immune control (half-life of 24 hrs).
- Excellent correlation with severity of illness.
See the LUMIPULSE G1200 working in this video:
Reagent developed in collaboration with B•R•A•H•M•S GmbH.
B•R•A•H•M•S PCT is a registered trademark of B•R•A•H•M•S GmbH.