A marker of choice in lung cancer management
For in vitro diagnostic (IVD) use with the LUMIPULSE G System for the quantitative measurement of Pro-gastrin-releasing peptide [ProGRP (31-98)] in serum or plasma. The ProGRP assay is intended to be used as an aid in differential diagnosis and for monitoring of patients with Small Cell Lung Cancer. The assay utilises proven CLEIA (ChemiLuminescent Enzyme Immunoassay) technology with results that are available in up to 35 minutes.
Lumipulse® G ProGRP Immunoreaction Cartridges:
Art. no. 297858 (3 × 14 Tests - CE) - Please contact your local Fujirebio representative for the availability of this product in your country.
Lumipulse® G ProGRP Calibrators set:
Art. no. 233160 (2 × 3 x 0.5 ml - CE) - Please contact your local Fujirebio representative for the availability of this product in your country.
Lumipulse® G Specimen Diluent 5:
Art. no. 233177 (1 × 20 ml - CE) - Please contact your local Fujirebio representative for the availability of this product in your country.
Art. no. 230-20 (2 x 3 x 1 ml - CE) - Please contact your local Fujirebio representative for the availability of this product in your country.
Advantages & Features
ProGRP (Pro-Gastrin-Releasing Peptide)
- is the recommended assay to distinguish SCLC (Small Cell Lung Cancer) from NSCLC (Non Small Cell Lung Cancer) because of their different treatments and prognoses
- is measurable in early stage SCLC and does not correlate with tumor extent (autocrine growth factor)
- when used as a single marker it is superior to any other tumor marker among the lung panel assays with regards to sensitivity for SCLC
- shows an significantly improved sensitivity in combination with NSE (Neuron Specific Enolase)
- is recommended by the NACB1 for post-operative surveillance, monitoring therapy in advanced disease, and detection of recurrent disease.
CLEIA - ChemiLuminescent Enzyme Immunoassay
- Broad dynamic assay range: 5-5000 pg/ml.
- LOD: 1,209 pg/ml.
- Precision (CV): Within run = 1,2-3,4% and total precision 3,4-4,6%.
- 25 minute reaction time.
- 30 days calibration stability.
- Packaging: 42 tests per kit.
- Unique cartridge concept.
Test principle: Two-Step sandwich assay
The global burden of cancer continues to increase largely because of the aging and growth of the world population alongside an increasing adoption of cancer-causing behaviors, particularly smoking, in economically developing countries. Lung cancer is the leading cancer site in males, comprising 17% of the total new cancer cases and 23% of the total cancer deaths2.
Did you know?
SCLC accounts for 20% of lung cancer patients, often has neuroendocrine components, and is primarily treated with chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy. SCLC is almost always caused by smoking.
ProGRP is expressed in neuroendocrine-derived tissues and tumors, including small cell lung cancer carcinoids, undifferentiated large cell carcinoma of the lung with neuroendocrine features, medullary thyroid carcinoma, and other neuroendocrine malignancies. Serum levels of ProGRP have been shown to be elevated in a high proportion of patients diagnosed with SCLC while normal levels are found in patients with benign disease3.
- NACB: Practice Guidelines And Recommendations For Use Of Tumor Markers In The Clinic Lung Cancer (Section 3P)
- Globocan 2012 report.
- Fujirebio ProGRP package insert.
See the LUMIPULSE G1200 working in this video:
These resources are either available in free access or for users holding a Premium eServices account: