We have assembled a list of the most relevant publications about the clinical interest of using KL-6 as a biomarker:
- Increased levels of KL-6 and subsequent mortality in patients with interstitial lung diseases.
J Intern Med (2006 Nov) 260(5):429-34
- Prognostic value of circulating KL-6 in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
Respirology (2006 Mar) 11 (2):164-8
- Serum KL-6 level as an indicator of active or inactive interstitial pneumonitis associated with connective tissue diseases.
Intern Med 50: 2889-2892, 2011
- Comparison of serum KL-6 versus bronchoalveolar lavage neutrophilia for the diagnosis of bronchiolitis obliterans in lung transplantation.
The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation (2011 Dec) 30:12
- Utility of KL-6/MUC1 in the clinical management of interstitial lung diseases.
Respiratory Investigation (2012) 50:3-13
- Safety and efficacy of pirfenidone in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in clinical practice.
Respiratory Medicine (2013) 107, 1431-1437
- Baseline KL-6 predicts increased risk for acute exacerbation of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
Respiratory Medicine (2014) 108, 1031-1039